FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON April 18, 2006 – The Pillar and Post’s 100 Fountain Spa will once again offer guests an escape to paradise following a recent renovation of the original 10,000 square foot spa to an enhanced and expanded 13,000 square foot spa. A long-time favorite for locals and travelers alike, the top-rated Ontario spa reopened its doors on March 10, 2006. A stunning reception area now greets visitors in an environment that seamlessly blends classic and contemporary luxury. In addition, the expert team is able to offer an even wider selection of services to soothe both body and soul.
“We are incredibly pleased with the results of our first major renovation in 100 Fountain Spa’s 10-year history,” says spa manager Tina Green. “Our guests will now find even more respite from daily stresses and strains, with treatments to help them to enjoy a more serene -and healthier- life.”
Among the improvements are:
– A luscious interior featuring a rich colour palette of modern neutrals complemented by textural stone accents, soft trickling water features, and the warmth of elegant woodwork
– The Vintage Lounge with plush seating, fireplace, zebrawood floors, and refreshments, all overlooking the outdoor hot springs
– A manicure and pedicure salon that can accommodate groups up to 12 and featuring three water walls
– Six Gulfstream La Fleur spa pedicure chairs featuring Shiatsu and pressure point massage, ultra-sanitary CleanJet pipe-free technology, and hand-blown glass bowls that offer soothing LED Color Therapy mood lighting
– A fitness centre with LifeFitness equipment, televisions, water station and a fireplace
– A new changing room with a sitting area, plus sauna and steam rooms
– Five additional rooms offering state-of-the-art treatments amidst modern luxury and sponsored by Niagara vineyards Inniskillin Wines, Chateau des Charmes, Reif Estate Winery, Marynissen Estates, and Frogpond Farm.
– New hydrotherapy rain shower experiences added to spa services menu, which includes hot stone massage, rejuvenating facials and reflexology
Certain original treatment rooms have been maintained, allowing guests to escape to the tranquil environments of distant locales. Carefully selected furnishings, trompe l’oeil paintings and innovative wall treatments evoke Far Away lands such as France, Greece, Sweden, Turkey, India, Japan, and China.
In July 2005, 100 Fountain Spa and sister spa Secret Garden Spa at The Prince of Wales Hotel & Spa began featuring products and exclusive Body Treatments from Decléor, the premiere
aromatherapy skincare specialist. The treatments, which are based on the highly original Aroma-Pressure method, combine the effectiveness of Essential Oils and Plant Extracts to relax and
prepare the body for treatments for well-being, relaxation, slimming, firming, rejuvenation and detoxification.
Vintage Hotels is a collection of three CAA/AAA four-diamond hotels offering 374 guestrooms, over 30,000 square feet of meeting space, three four-diamond restaurants, and two spas in Niagara- on-the-Lake. Secret Garden Spa and 100 Fountain Spa offer a wide selection of services to soothe body and soul. Offering classic style with modern sensibility, the hotel properties are the jewels in the crown of the Niagara region. The elegant and refined Prince of Wales and the classic yet charming Pillar and Post were tops in Ontario on the Condé Nast Traveler Gold List 2006, with Prince of Wales repeating in the No. 2 spot in 2007 and is notably the only hotel in Ontario to earn a coveted spot on Travel+Leisure Magazine’s 2008 readers’ poll of Top 100 Best Hotels in North America. The Georgian splendour of Queen’s Landing sets the stage for everything from high-level corporate gatherings to romantic getaways to family vacations. Vintage Hotels is a proud partner of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Canada. For more information: www.vintage-hotels.com.
Colin Sines, Director of Marketing
(905) 468-1362 ext. 8123
Dianne Turner, Marketing and PR Coordinator
(905) 468-1362 ext. 8464